Taxes & Financial Planning
The following sections deal with business and individual tax and financial issues. They are designed to provide basic information about managing your finances and should only be used as a supplement to discussions with a professional advisor.*
- Retirement Planning
- Saving for Education
- Estate Planning
- Retirement plans, including IRAs and 401(k) Plans
- 401(k) and Other Retirement Plan Rollovers
- State Government Programs & Information for Seniors
- Retirement Planning FAQs
- Transition Guidance on Pension Protection Act Funding Rules
- Employee Plans News
- Retirement Plans - IRS News
Information for Benefits Professionals
Find the resources you need to assist your clients with their plans - forms/pubs, guides, FAQs, checklists, published guidance, CPE texts, EP work plan, and newsletters, as well as info on educational services, conferences, determinations, correcting plan errors, contacting missing participants, abusive transactions, trends and tips, plan audits, CAS, types of plans, and more.
Information for Plan Participants/Employees
Find the resources you need as a participant in a retirement plan - forms and related instructions, publications, frequently asked questions, retirement tips for individuals, and customer account services, as well as information on types of plans, "Are you self-employed?" and more.
Information for Plan Sponsors/Employers
Find the resources you need as an employer sponsoring a retirement plan - forms and pubs, frequently asked questions, check-ups, tips, newsletters, and "How Do I...," as well as information on starting & maintaining a retirement plan, correcting plan errors, retirement plan audits, Abusive Tax Transactions, determinations, and more.
Click here for more information on maximizing retirement income and minimizing tax burdens.
[back to top]
Planning and Saving for Education
- Department of Labor Retirement Savings Education Campaign (RSEC)
- American Savings Education Council (ASEC)
- Education Bond Program
- IRS Pub. 970 - Education Savings Bond Program
- U.S. Savings Bonds
- The Higher Education Act of 1965 [1998 Ammendments]
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
- NASD College Savings Center
- Spanish Language Savings Bond
[back to top]
This section discusses how to pass on accumulated property with a minimum of government interference and tax bite.
- Estate Tax
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Estate Taxes
- Gift Tax
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Gift Taxes
- Filing Estate and Gift Tax Returns
- What's New - Estate and Gift Tax
- Estate and Gift Tax Treaties (International)
- Forms and Publications - Estate and Gift Tax
- Publication 950, Introduction to Estate and Gift Taxes
- More Estate & Gift Tax information from the IRS.